I know its been awhile but with the long weekend and all I wanted to do a quick and easy DIY post!
First let me explain the importance of a hot oil treatment. Hot oils are used for many reasons, mostly to help treat dry, damaged hair but they can also help with hair growth and to relax frizzy, unruly hair. Hot oil treatments should be done about once a week.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
coconut oil or olive oil
WHAT YOU DO:
This mask is super easy! All you do is add half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil into a microwavable bowl. Then add 4 tbsp of honey. Mix this all together then put it in the microwave (covered) for two minutes. The mixture will start to crackle. Wait until the crackling end before you remove it. Put this mixture on your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour and then rinse it out with shampoo. Voila a simple DIY hot oil treatment.
wear old clothing- oil can be messy
leave it on as long as you possibly can
do this treatment about once a week
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Valentine's Day is here, and no matter if you are going out with a group of friends or going on a date with someone special, there are always guidelines to the perfect date night makeup.
- Experiment, tonight is not the night to try some crazy purple eye makeup or an up do you've never tried
- Wear to much makeup, the last thing you want is your makeup caked over their clothing. An awkward situation for both parties
- Don't cake it on, keep it simple and pretty. Remember less is more
- Don't look like you just came back from a sunny getaway- this is for you bronzer lovers
- Don't wear to dark of lipstick, again you want to be the one wearing the lipstick- not them
- A simple, flirty, and pretty hairstyle
- A neutral and pretty eye
- Remember the last minute preparations- brush teeth, deodorant and perfume
- Scrub and moisturize lips
- Have freshly painted nails
Whatever you are doing tonight remember less is more and simple is pretty.
Have a great Valentine's Day everyone xoxo